Why do we study engineering?

Most of the college graduates are unaware of why did they study, what they did and how it relates to anything in life. What all they do is believe that these small jigsaw puzzle pieces will somehow connect in the future to form a Big Picture. But the rat race forces them to lose track of connecting the pieces and just accumulate it in their brains. The System gives marks for the collection of these pieces rather than the student's capability of connecting them to form a bigger picture

Engineering in general cannot be justified if you don't have a problem in hand that you want to address through your efforts. Studies need to aim at this aspect of problem solving of real-life. This can be simplified and attained if the courses are undertaken from one of the top engineering University in Delhi NCR like IIMT University, Meerut.





An individual's pursuit
From the day I got into an engineering institute, I was put onto a race of who wins it. It no doubt made me competitive, confident, self-reliant, etc. But, it killed my individuality. It killed my creativity and pursuit for one. No two people are same. Then why make them compete? To show the world a record of the measure of one's capabilities? But why? To abide the system. But are the side-effects and consequences considered? Nope. I am asked to answer not what I perceive the subject to be, but what the System wants me to. So, I'm not supposed to think out-of-the-box?

In my opinion, we all have different reasons to study. Then what does this regulation aim to achieve? I might understand the concepts in one go. Or it might take me days to understand one. Or I might understand only if I experience the need for one. Hence, I must be allowed to look at engineering the way I want, provided it is ethical and moral. I should not have things that demoralize me. It is what I do with the knowledge that matters and not simple accumulation.


Project-driven approach
We all are proud of studying engineering. Every year there are at least a million engineers graduating from every stream imaginable. Yet, only a handful of them are capable enough to convert their knowledge into something useful - a solution to one of our problems. Considering the exhaustive number of problems, we have today, the efforts put in the direction are practically less. We both waste the resources by creating an engineer who isn't able to contribute and waste a brilliant mind in undermining his true potential.

In my opinion, the institute, like
IIMT University, make every student study with only an intention of solving a problem at hand. It could be something simple to something truly revolutionary. But again, this must not be a criterion to compare two students. Instead it must be a criterion for the student to do something that solves a real-life problem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advantages of doing Polytechnic